This time of year, I love making soup. We generally will have some type of soup once a week or more. I’m always looking for new recipes. I actually came up with this one on my own and it turned out really well. This one is super easy, and cooks in the crockpot, so you get to enjoy the smell all day and then relax when it comes time to cook dinner. 🙂
15 Bean Soup
- 1 package 15 bean soup medley
- 1 pound ground Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage, browned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh kale, washed and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 6-8 cups of water + 2-3 tablespoons beef bullion, or beef broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, or 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Soak beans overnight. Throw seasoning packet away.
In a large crockpot, combine all ingredients, using just enough liquid to be sure all the ingredients are covered. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
I served it with this cornbread recipe.
This soup smelled so good while it was cooking. It was really hard to wait until dinner to eat it. This one will definitely make it to the table again this fall and winter!